- Create the Competition Teams
Make sure people know what to expect when they decide to join
- Figure out how teams are chosen
- Have the teams compete to do a certain thing
- Judging will be based on pre-determined criteria
Team points listed on leaderboards (on website/Discord)
- Size of teams - smaller the better?
Maybe anybody can make their own team (with an application form)
- Called “Design Leagues” - they’re the goal of Innovate Trent
Should they have their own page on website/own site? - maybe a completely different page
- Incentives for winning:
- Advertising informally can be done at EC Hacks 2019
Competition Teams Page:
- News about competition teams, events, leaderboards, etc.
- Put actual prizes on each list
- Squares for each team with one logo - maybe separate page and who’s on the team and badges
Merge pull requests to create/edit teams
- Post tutorial on how to do it
- JSON form maybe on back-end
- Maybe even Discord bots/themes
- Person dedicated to the team onboarding process
- Web forms?
Work on a pitch
- What we’re doing
- Where to go (meeting times) - put on website
- Link Discord profiles on team members
Bi-weekly - Friday - starting this Friday (10-12)
- Investigate indellible Discord IDs in developer mode
- Unlocking emotes with badges? - getting bots to delete emotes unless you have the badge to use them?
- Dynamically-get the picture from their Discord for the teams site
Sean will be handling the Twitter
Maybe use TOML to store the team’s data
Fix CodeRcar for Wednesday
- How do we pick teams
- Sorting hat bot?
There should be a ranking system - different levels of badges
We need a bank account at some point - keep track of receipts in the mean-time
- For Wednesday:
- Big sheet of paper with all the links so people can take pictures and QR Codes
- Sign-up sheet for e-mails or Google Spreadsheet?
- Maybe get a banner printed if it doesn’t take too long
- Bring lots of tape so wind doesn’t destroy our table’s setup
- Other marketing stuff:
- Make posters
- Google Calender on website?
- Media is a really important thing right now; once we get more people we can figure things out
- Replace Big Buck Bunny with a quickie intro slideshow
3 Teams - Red, Blue, Green
- R - Josh, Matthew
- G - Sean
- B - Devon
First Challenge for the Competition Teams:
Sell me this pen
Get a list of skills that people can do/are good at doing
Make a budget before anything else financial is done
Keep people active in the Discord with emoji/reactions and stuff
Make roles/subchannels in the Discord for each page
Imagine - Create - Compete: the new motto